Remembering the Music of the 90’s and Welcoming the Music of 2012

10:35 PM Admin 6 Comments


I have to admit that I can never compare the music of the 90’s from other generation.  The most popular genre back then was Pop Music (probably). The reason why I liked the music of the 90’s so much is that whenever I turn the radio on, the songs are always easy to listen to. You can listen to the radio all day and you can stick to one station. You don’t have to scan other stations because almost all the songs are great.

Remember Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton, Avril Lavigne, and Alanis Morissette? They are some of my favorite artists and they still rock my world today. I also fell in love with a couple of bands:

•    The Cranberries
•    Simple Plan
•    Dishwalla
•    Vertical Horizon
•    Foo Fighters
•    Incubus
•    Duncan Sheik
•    Silverchair
•    Goo Goo Dolls
•    Creed

These are only some of the best bands in my own opinion. Some of them are still popular today and are still making a big name in the music industry. I still listen to their songs and I doubt that I will forget their names ever.

I am not saying that the music of the next generation is not good. The 21st century has brought a lot of changes and it also made way for new genres to be recognized. I began liking alternative genres and punk music. Last year, I started appreciating metal, hardcore and post hardcore bands. However, I still hold on to my favorite songs from the 90’s from time to time.

Now, we welcome a new age, a new start for new artists and bands. I am thrilled to listen to new songs from different albums. May this year bring us great music and more songs to fill our playlists with. 



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

6 comments:

  1. i'm not a rocker but those artist were great singers and they were the best before KPop envade our nation.. XD.. ka english lang.. lahat ngayun kasi pop na..nahihirapan na sila makisabayan..but their music still "pop" out of the bunch.. and mas masaya pakingan pag nag sesenti at nag tatravel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of them are still active. I really like Michelle Branch's songs so I'm sad that she's not that active now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle Branch is still active. Check out her Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MichelleBranch

    ReplyDelete
  4. bako clickable su link? hahahaha... not counted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple Plan, Goo Goo Dolls and Creed are on my all time favorites. Wella's first comment in here was so emotional. I'm so touched. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha. I'm so touched by her first comment too. I'm gonna cry now.. (dull)

    ReplyDelete