Got Hooked Up with "Paramore"

10:52 AM Admin 0 Comments

“Hey! Check out this band “Paramore”,” my bestfriend Wella told me way back in High School. She was really excited about introducing the band to me. So I said, “Fine. Let me listen to them.” We turned on the CD player, went to the song “Pressure” and clicked the play button. I was amazed! The first beat got me hooked. Then the song started. Then, I fell in-love with Hayley William’s voice the moment I heard the song. I can remember myself jotting down the lyrics of the song and played the song over and over again until I memorized the song the day after I “met the band.”


Paramore


The following days, I found myself wondering what the other songs of the band are. I was not yet into surfing the net during those days so I didn’t have the chance to research on their songs. So, I went to the mall and I looked for their album. Unfortunately, they don’t have it. Then an “angel” came. My ex- boyfriend sent me a text message asking me what “pasalubong” I wanted because he was taking a vacation somewhere. I said “It’s up to you.” Then I thought, “Maybe they have “Paramore” CDs there.” So I asked him, “I am looking for a CD of the band called Paramore. Can you check if they have it there?”  He agreed and when he arrived in Legazpi, he gave me the CD. I was about to pay him but he did not accept it. I was so happy! Finally I have my own CD of Paramore. I was so excited to listen to the band so I went home immediately. I opened the CD case and checked out its contents. There it is. Paramore! Their album Riot was fantastic. The lyrics of the songs on the CD were there too! I grabbed the CD and placed it on the CD player. Their songs were awesome. I found out that it was their second album already. That’s why I can’t find the song Pressure on the playlist.  

Here is a list of the songs on their album Riot:
1. Born For This
2. Crush Crush Crush
3. Fences
4. For a Pessimist, I’m Pretty Optimistic
5. Hallelujah
6. Let the Flames Begin
7. Miracle
8. Misery Business
9. That’s What You Get
10. We Are Broken
11. When It Rains


         All the songs were great! I never get tired of listening to their songs. I was really hooked and I still am. I’m sure, you are too. Anyway, this is my story. I wonder how you met the band. Share your stories with me and bring on the Paramore fever.:) 


0 comments: